Thursday, August 28, 2008

8 years old, August 26th 2008.  2nd grade. Wow.  Hard to believe.  Where does time go?  As a little kid, summers seemed to last forever. High school...time still was not an issue.  College was different- couldn't wait to work the summer job and then once the job started, I couldn't wait to get back to school. Time itself just did not seem to pick up speed until I had kids.  Then it became lighting fast.  8 years ago I was newly married, freshly graduated college, working my first job and having my first baby.  William is a wonderful boy.  Full of curiosity, so sweet and friendly.  He has the memory of an elephant...be careful what you tell him (and especially what you promise) because he DOES remember.  Full of energy..he and his brother Zach are real buddies.  They are lost without each other... This year Will is into Legos.  Thus our trip to Chi Town.  It always amazes me the things he creates and the stories that go along with his creations.  When he is older, I am going to encourage him to record his stories.  And like every parent, I want only the best for him- a safe, happy, healthy life and world.  Happy Birthday William! 

No comments: