Thursday, September 4, 2008





Ah, the first day of school... William is in 2nd and Z is in 1st. Z's teacher said he asked every hour when was it time to go home? I don' t exactly remember, but I am sure it is culture shock to go from 1/2 day to full day of school. Picture day is on the way and here comes the flood of daily papers..homework, slips to sign, PTA's to be on ....recycling to empty... at least most teachers are now on (and check) their email. That is the way to go. Permanent record and not all the clutter. They have had a good week so far. Getting into the routine, catching buses, meeting new teachers. Of course, I have to remind them they must eat lunch and THEN go out to play. I remember back in the day, we had like 45 minutes for lunch. They have less than 30. It takes at least 10 minutes to get through the hot lunch line for pity sake! Thus we have developed the nightly ritual of packing the lunch. They get to choose the food and they are more likely to eat it! What a concept!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I grow older I thought I would find a new respect and fondness for the public school system. Nope, still sucks!
Just kidding (kind of).