Sunday, July 27, 2008

and then there was a minivan....

First I have to say thank you to my hubbie for a great logo. It symbolizes our three children, silver, purple and green- their birthstones.  Well, silver is close to diamond...  It looks great,Mark, you are very talented.

Second..how cool is this!  We are now blogging!  No myspace or facebook...too much of a risk for catching nasty viruses.  

So, what has been going on...well, had our third baby in April, the 12th to be exact.  Isaac has gained nearly 10 pounds since he was born.  3# a month, 2oz a day.  Mandy expects he will be walking by ..what, 7 months? ;-)  He holds his head independently, yep, 7 months is probably about right.  He is way mellow and we love it.

William loves his new baby brother.  I will find him in the baby's room doing puppet shows for a captive audience.  Once in a while he feels the need to rearrange or remove toys from the crib but they all return in good time.  He is NOT excited to return to school in September.  What 2nd grader is?  What he is excited about though, is Batman.  I have not seen it and daddy says it will be years before any of the boys see the latest installment, but he is all about the cartoons and the lego sets.  Thus, we are in the midst of planning a Chi Town trip to visit the lego store.  He will be 8 in August.

I can tell you one grade schooler that is excited for school...that would be our middle child Z.  He and daddy found Dr. Who lunch boxes and Cybermen backpacks so he is all about the goods.  Probably could care less about the whole learning thing....that is secondary to the right look.  Boy if they had Tardis school apparel....it would be all over.  We are just a'waiting the final episode of season four.  Doctor Donna?  hmmmm..

Skinny bob is doing well.  For those that did not know...Lokie took his exit about the time Isaac arrived. I guess he had enough of the household, decided to strike out on his own.  He had been running out every time the side door opened.  One time too many, I guess...He is missed.  Mark and I have had him since we were in college. Yipe, that has only been 10 years.  

Markus is doing well.  Very excited, near Nirvana, about Batman.  We have a date set up for next Saturday night (thanks Sam!). I try to encourage his creativeness....create create create!  Too many good movies out there to see, Iron Man, Hell Boy II, Batman...and everything set to come out in the next year, Transformers II, New version of Tron.  We took the boys to Binder Park Zoo last weekend, it was great. Haven't been there?  If you like giraffes, you would love this zoo.  Next time, though, no stroller! and we'll pick a cooler day!

Ok, I think this has droned on long enough.  So now ya know what has been happening ...next stop, random thoughts!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! Excellent for us who are NOSEY!!! :) Jess

Tireland said...

Fabulous! I loved that you rambled on and on about your family. You've got a wonderful life! :)

I hope you have seen Iron Man. Way cool movie. Have you seen Sex and the City yet? Definately a chick flick. Don't think Mark would be interested, but still a good movie to see.

Give me a call!

Love ya - Tiff :)

Matt said...

Yeay! You've gone the blogger route! It's tough to keep at it, but I know you'll succeed. If you have any questions about the interface, let Mandy or I know.

Congrats again!

Tireland said...

You are a blogging Maniac! :) Wow, I am surprised by how much Will looks like your brother. They are all so very cute. You are doing such a fabulous job!
You are inspiring me to start my own blogg, however, I will need to book the time in my planner. If I do I will send it your way!

Love - Tiff :D