Wednesday, February 25, 2009

GG part II

So the snow looks like it is trying to make way for spring. Then the 20 day sneaks back up on me and out we haul boots and gloves again. And just like the weather, there are times I think of her often and other times, she is just comfortably in the background. But I am certain she will never leave. I happen to believe that folks that aren't alive are still with us. And I can tell you there have been a few times that while playing with Isaac in the afternoon, driving to or from work or doing mundane activities, I will suddenly think of her. Again, just my belief, but I think at that time she is thinking of me, hanging out or something is connecting. Or maybe it is wishful thinking. Whatever it is...doesn't matter really. I just know the memories come back and I relive them and it is good. I mention her to the kids once in a while- the foods she liked, didn't like, things she liked to do etc.. I think it is a good idea because as they grow up, I don't know about you, it is nice to have interests or tastes related to others sometimes. Kids can appreciate the fact that there is someone else out there that likes/dislikes the same stuff they do. Especially when it is someone that loves them and they love back. and it ISN'T mom and dad!

So here is to GG...

No comments: