Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2009- part 1



Here are just a few snapshots of Christmas 2009.  I think I got my Christmas wish- lots of snow for the kids to sled with.  Of course, I was not detailed enough so we had best sled quick because our 3 feet of snow may be gone with temps forecasted to be in the 40s and 50s over the next couple days. Nah, no truth to that whole "global warming" nonsense.... peshaw

I got my other Christmas wish, to have a house full of boyz and sleeping in.  I know Christmas only comes once a year, but it was sure nice to groggily look at the clock this morning to find it was after 8am.  Most morning start at 5am in our house.  Thankfully it is usually just baby and I til around 6:30.  Of course on weekdays, it takes an act of congress to remove Zach from his warm and comfy bed.  Wonder why that changes when we have nowhere to go.... hmmmm.

Among the gifts, Dr. Who could be seen EVERYWHERE!  Guys, ships, videos a plenty.  God save the Queen and the BBC.  Wowee Tribot was also a hit.  Nothing says "great toy" like a 30 second commercial every time you turn him on.  He talks about how great the company Wowee is ...warms the heart.  Such little consumers they are producing!  William got lots of Bionicles and Transformers.  Another dark horse in the running was the Looney Tunes video they got. Daddy and I loved to watch them as much as the boyz did.

I think for me, this time of year is about reflection.  I also love the food.  I really look forward to making sugar cookies.  I just forget how trying the decorating becomes after doing the 50th cookie.  By that point, I am ready to just dip the whole cookie in whatever frosting is closest!  With the extra time off, I look forward to trying new cooking receipts.  That was made even more exciting this year as daddy bought me new green pans and receipt books.  Quick, easy and healthy- very excited!  Now the challenge is to get the boyz to try something other than the 6 meals on their very limited menu- hot dogs, chicken nugs, pb&J, scrambled eggs, pancakes and waffles. My mistake, how could I forget pizza? At least they have their priorities straight...half of their fav meals are breakfast!  I even take them out once in a while for breakfast.  

More pics to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a very very good Christmas! We are blessed.
Much love
The 1 the 3 call "da da da dad."